Even Though We Sell Braided Wigs, We Care About Your Natural Hair. Practice Our Hair Tips For A Healthier, Fuller And Longer Hair.
Your hair is not just composed of the strands you see on your head, it’s more elementary and complex than just what you see.
- Take care of yourself from within by always drinking at least 8 ounce glasses of water or two liters of water daily with fruits and veggies: this helps to increase hair growth and strengthens your hair.
- Wash your hair regularly with original shampoo within 1- 2 weeks, depends on how often it gets dirty: this helps to eliminate build up and clog pores to allow your scalp breath.
- Deep condition after wash with original hair condition. Comb or stretch out and leave in for 15-30 minutes putting on a plastic shower cap before you rinse out: this promotes a healthy hair growth by nourishing, feeding and penetrating into the scalp for a faster and healthier growth.
- (Optional) to further nourish your hair, do some steaming by using a DEEP CONDITIONER or mixing with PURE ORIGINAL HONEY, COCONUT OIL or SHEA BUTTER, HAIR MAYONNAISE, WITH RAW EGG. Wear a plastic shower cap on your hair after application and sit under the hair steamer set in medium heat for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with cool water: this will further open your pores and allow all nourishment in the above mixtures penetrate more deeply into the follicle to let each strands stand a test of time.
- Moisturize with a leave in conditioner while your hair is still a little damp along with oil like original coconut oil or shea butter or any original natural hair oil and seal consistently: this protects the hair from losing it’s moisture and shedding.
- Trim your hair every 4-6 weeks: to retain its strength and get rid of broken and free of split ends that could lead to more damage.
- Wear protective styles like cornrows braids, twist on your natural hair before wearing your braided wigs and avoid them from been braided to tightly: this helps to secure hair from shedding and braid wigs helps you have your hair on like it is naturally braided while protecting your natural hair underneath the wig from the harsh sun/winter weather when out. Reason it is called protective styles.
- Avoid too much heating objects like tong machines, dryers and all and if you must use them, use at the minimum lowest heat settings: this will help avoid dryness, split ends and damages as too much heat damages the hair strength.
- Protect your hair at night by sleeping with a satin hair bonnet and scarf at night or sleep on a satin pillowcase if you are not the type to wear anything over your head to sleep: this protects the hair from breakage and helps maintain its moisture.
- Avoid too much use of hair product: this help to avoid build up and allows the scalp to breath.
For more information, always watch out for our blog posts posted by Express Wig Braids at www.expresswigbraids.com