How Long Can You Wear A Braided Wig?
Braided wigs have become increasingly popular in recent years. They provide a convenient and easy way to achieve many braided hairstyles without the commitment of actually braiding your hair.
However, many people have questions about how long they can wear a braided wig, and what factors can affect its longevity.
How long can you wear a braided wig?
A braided wig can last a long time if you take good care of it. Normally, a braided wig can last up to two years. Even though it may cost more money at first, it can save you money in the long run because you won't have to pay for new braids as often. It's a good investment.
Ultimately, the lifespan of a braided wig will depend on various factors like the quality of the hair, the type of braids, the way the wig is worn, and the level of care and maintenance it receives.
By being mindful of these factors, you can ensure that your braided wig lasts as long as possible and continues to look great.
How to maintain a braided wig
When it comes to the maintenance of the braided wig, you should clean the wig according to the manufacturer's instructions. Also, there are other things you can do to maintain a braided wig.
Here are other ways to maintain a braided wig:
- Do not wear your braided wig every day of the week. Let it rest.
- Never sleep with your braided wigs on. Take it off before going to bed.
- Wash your braided wigs regularly. But do not wash it like you wash your clothes. Just rub it gently.
- Never use artificial air or heat to dry your wigs. Always dry them naturally. Artificial heat weakens the wig and reduces its lifespan.
- Use a shampoo that smells nice.
- Never sleep with your braided wigs or the tips will tangle.
- Hang your wigs in a vertical position when it is not in use.
- Do not shower with your braided wigs on.
- Always leave your braided wigs loose. Don’t tie it all the time.
- Dip the tips of your braided wig in hot water only when necessary to keep them straight.
- Apply hair mousse to your braided wig from time to time to keep stray hair away.
- Spray oil sheen on your braided wigs occasionally to keep them shiny.
It's important to note that regular maintenance is important to maintain its shape and look. It also helps prolong its lifespan.
In summary, how long can you wear a braided wig? This depends on a variety of factors such as the quality of the wig, the type of braids, how it's worn, and the care and maintenance provided.
As mentioned earlier, with proper care, a high-quality braided wig can last up to two years. Be mindful of how you take care of the wig. Do not over-style or use harsh chemicals on it. This will prolong the lifespan of the wig.